The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is an evolving situation which we are monitoring closely for impacts on this program. Please check back here for updates.
UC Berkeley invites you to register for Global Edge, an exciting program for newly admitted Berkeley freshmen. Start your college experience in an extraordinary way — spend your summer at Berkeley then your fall semester abroad in London.
Attend our online Q&A sessions!
How it Works
Begin your undergraduate studies at UC Berkeley in the summer with orientation, pre-departure activities, and courses.
After the Summer Session, you travel abroad and spend fall semester taking Berkeley courses.
After the program is over, you return to the United States for spring semester at Berkeley.
To be eligible for Global Edge, you must:
- Be a newly admitted freshman in the College of Letters & Science, College of Natural Resources, or Haas Global Management Program
- Be 18 years old by August 14, 2020
- Hold a valid United States or European Union passport at time of registration (must be valid through June 1, 2021)
Note: International students are eligible only if their citizenship grants them the ability to obtain a UK Student Visa. If you do not have a US or EU passport, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your eligibility.
- Global Edge Orientation
- Pre-departure orientation and activities
- Onsite orientation and activities
- Specially selected program courses
- Student residence abroad
- Extracurricular activities and excursions
- Student health and travel insurance
- Support from campus and on-site staff throughout the program